Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Ukrainian Devil

The dingy squat toilets at the University--fortunately I didn't have to hover over these when my body was taken over by demons.

Well the devil arrived the other morning. I woke up with a bit of gurgling in my stomach. I thought it just might be a little indigestion so I continued with my morning and went to class. As I made my way to school (which takes about 1/2 hour via foot/tram) I began to feel progressively worse. I thought of turning back but I didn't want to just leave Natasha (my new teacher this week) waiting for me. So I briefly met with her and the nausea and uncomfortable feeling of a diarrhoea explosion began to overtake my body. I immediately left school and hoped to make it home before my body began to release fluids. I really didn't want to lean over and stare down into the fowl smelling squat toilets at the university.

I barely made it out of the school before I started to vomit along the street. Totally embarrassing but i didn't care as i puked into the ivy lining the sidewalk as beautiful Ukrainian woman dressed in their miniskirts and high heels strolled by. Fortunately I caught a tram (which is hot and annoyingly crowded even when i feel good) back towards home during the brief feeling of euphoria (if you can call it that) after vomiting. I barely made it off of the tram before I heaved again--this time on the flowers in front of the my house.

Anyway--36 hours later the diarrhoea and vomiting ceased and i was able to eat/drink again. I am still recovering though...

2 comments:

Ted Wu said...

Ed maybe you are eating to much veggies, fruits, and grains. You should stick to meat and animal fat. Plus... exercise less. haha.

Leslie said...

Of course no one would care that you were heaving on the greenery - they probably figured you were drunk! Totally normal…